Lemon Blueberry Muffins
½ cups All-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 Lemon (for zest)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
6 to 8 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries; see note below about frozen berries (about 1 cup)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 10 muffin cups and fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help with even baking.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl add oil, egg, zest of 1 lemon, milk and vanilla and whisk throughly.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients and fold together. Do not over mix. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter between muffin cups. Sprinkle a Lemon Shortbread Pieces on top of each muffin.
- Bake muffins 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are no longer wet and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out with crumbs, not wet batter. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Mon- Fri 8:30 am - 5 pm
Let us be Your Secret Ingredient.
Let us develop custom-made inclusions just for you. Inquire here and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly; we look forward to creating something extraordinary together!