Mediterranean Pie Chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole, peeled tomatoes (with liquid), chopped
- 2 parsley sprigs
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Lower the heat to medium, add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until soft and fragrant.
- Stir in the flour and cook, using a wooden spoon, stirring, for 3 minutes. Pour in the broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Add the parsley sprigs, thyme, and bay leaf to mixture, and lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- When the soup base is cool, remove and discard the herbs. Using a hand-held immersion blender, puree mixture until smooth. Using a sieve over a large bowl, strain the tomato puree. Return the puree to the pot and reheat over medium heat.
- Whisk the heavy cream and salt into the soup and season to taste. Serve warm in individual soup bowls and garnish with Pecan Deluxe Mediterranean Pie Chips.
Mon- Fri 8:30 am - 5 pm
Let us be Your Secret Ingredient.
Let us develop custom-made inclusions just for you. Inquire here and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly; we look forward to creating something extraordinary together!